The serie A is one of the few football leagues in the world which has been able to still save itself from the wrath of COVID-19 and is going on superbly in a fascinating fashion. It has turned out to be one of the most enticing starts to the campaign with all the top four teams well in the race for the top spot. The situation of the table has changed drastically with Napoli, who was leading the table after 11 rounds, having now dropped to fourth place and Inter, who was third is now leading the pack.
Taking into consideration all these things, a crucial match awaits us today in the night. Second-placed Milan welcome fourth-placed Napoli at the San Siro stadium tonight in an all-important clash. A win for Milan would take them within 1 point of leaders Inter. If Napoli wins it, they would catch Milan and sit on equal points in third. Let’s see who gets the better of the other in this evenly matched contest between the two sides.
Why to watch out for
The rivalry between the football clubs is quite old in Italian football. It is one of the most engrossing and charming ones though. Over the years, the fixture between these two sides has always resulted in action-packed encounters. Snoozefest is a rare sight in this kind of high-voltage game. The battle of the two veteran coaches Stefano Pioli and Luciano Spaletti of Napoli. So it’s no wonder that you shouldn’t even think of missing this clash. From the present perspective too, the result of this game would have had a widespread effect on the table. Don’t miss even a second action, and tune into the match from 1:15IST to watch live coverage of the game.
- Last Match:- Napoli 0 -1 Empoli (Cutrone 70′)
- FORM GUIDE – WDLWL (ALL COMPETITIONS) LWDLL (SERIE A)
- Lost 4 out of the last seven-matches in all competitions after loosing only one out of the first 11 Serie-games.
- Last Match :- Udinese 1(Beta 17′) – 1 (Ibra 90+2′)
- FORM GUIDE – LWWLD ( ALL COMPETITIONS) LLWWD (SERIE A)
- Second in the table with 39 points from 17 games and four points behind Inter with a game in hand.
Head to Head
- Matches Played :- 29
- Napoli wins :- 11
- Milan wins :- 7
- Draws :- 11
- Last meeting :- Milan 0 – 1 Napoli (Politano 48′)
- Injured :- Ante Rebic, Rafael Leao, Piotro Pellegri, Simon Kjaer
- Doubtful :- Olivier Giroud
- No covid cases reported till now
- Injured :- Lorenzo Insigne, Kalidou Koulibaly, Fabian Ruiz, Victor Osimhen
- Doubtful :- Piotr Zielinski (respiratory problems)
- No covid cases reported as of now.
Players to watch out for
- Second highest goalscorer among the team with 6 goals
- Brilliant forward with excellent dribbling skills, awesome shooting range and good poaching instincts.
- In the absence of Osimhen and Insigne, he would be the main man against Milan
- Most consistent player in the team with 6 goals and 4 assists
- Contributes in every aspect from goal scoring to defence as well as building up attacks
- Would be given upon the task to tear up defences
- The ageless veteran is the go to man for Milan to provide them with the goals upfront
- Top scorer with 7 goals among the team
- His heading accuracy, shooting prowess and goalscoring proficiency makes him the unique among all
- One of the best left backs in Europe currently giving consistent performances throughout
- With 1 goals and 5 assists, he is the top performing defender in SerieA
- Maintains a swift balance between attack and defence, contributes to the team in all matters
In all respects, this match is going to be an entertaining and enthralling one for the watchers. Both the teams are in a must-win situation as of now and can’t afford any further slipups. Expect a fierce encounter to occur between the teams at the magical San Siro tonight. Till then, it’s a wrap-up from our side for this week.
For more such articles do click here