It’s the North – London derby in the Premier League Match day 06. Both the teams have had contrasting starts to the season but things have taken a turn in the recent matches. Spurs started off the season well winning three of their first three but then have lost both the fixtures in a disappointing fashion. Arsenal meanwhile endured a very difficult start to their season losing three of their first three and then scrapping out hard fought wins in their next two.
The gunners enter the North London on the back of three consecutive clean sheets and three consecutive wins, while wind has turned in their opponent’s camp as they have lost two out of their last three and failed to score in both their losses. Arsenal won 2 – 1 last time when Jose Mourinho led spurs visited the Emirates however Spurs comfortably won the reverse fixture at home by 2 – 0. Spurs have also won just one of their last 28 away games against the Gunners in top flight.
ARSENAL VS TOTTENHAM HOTSPURS – STATS
- Arsenal beat Spurs 2 – 1 in this fixture in March this year. They have not won the double over their North – London rivals since they did it back in 2013 – 2014 season.
- Tottenham have won just one of their last 28 away games vs. Arsenal in the Premier League, (D11 L16), where they made a comeback from being 2 goals down to winning 3 – 2 in November 2010.
- After playing consecutive draws vs. Spurs in 1997 – 1998 and 1998 – 1999, Arsenal have since then scored in each of their Premier League games against Spurs.
- After having lost their first three league games by an aggregate score line of 9 – 0, they won last two by 1 – 0. They have not won three consecutive games without conceding in July 2020, and their last three consecutive wins games in August 2008.
- After winning their first three league games by 1 – 0, Spurs lost two in a row by 3 – 0 each, with both of them against London clubs. Spurs have never lost 3 consecutive games by 3 or more goals in their entire history.
Arsenal form (All Competitions) – L W L W W W
Tottenham form (All Competitions) – W W L D L W
Kieran Tierney has been given an all clear after a cramp scare and Granit Xhaka is also back from his suspension, which means Arsenal boast of a fully fit squad for this derby. Aaron Ramsdale and Pierre Emerick Aubameyang are expected to retain their places in the Lineup with Xhaka expected to replace Lokonga alongside Thomas Partey.
Formation – 4 – 2 – 1 – 3
Takehiro Tomiyasu Ben White Gabriel Magalhaes Kieran Tierney
Granit Xhaka Thomas Partey
Bukayo Saka Pierre Emerick Aubameyang Emile Smith Rowe
Spurs boss Nuno confirmed that Lucas Moura is in contention for the game but Ryan Sessegnon and Steven Bergwijn continue to sit out for the game. Pierre Emile Hojberg is expected to take spot of Tanguy Ndombele while Giovani Lo Celso is expected to make way for Son Heung Min.
Formation – 4 – 3 – 2 – 1
Emerson Eric Dier Davidson Sanchez Sergio Reguillon
Pierre Emile Hojberg Oliver Skipp Dele Alli
Lucas Moura Harry Kane Son Heung Min
PLAYERS TO WATCH OUT FOR
Pierre Emerick Aubameyang
He is going to be the captain for the game. Aubameyang will certainly look to get back to his mojo and what better way than to start from this match. He will be a threat to the Spurs defence and his prowess will be important for Arsenal to go out and win.
He is the fan favorite. This guy has shown his talents and how much can he provide to the team. Arsenal will be dependent on him and his talents for winning this one out.
He has also endured a tough start to this season. He will also look to get back in form and will look to harm the Arsenal defense and score again against them. Kane certainly has a huge day in office and will look to make the best out of it.
The Spurs Keeper will be having a tough day in office trying to stop the Arsenal attack. It will require his best to keep the Arsenal attack at bay.
It’s going be an end to end game with both sides looking forward to turn their fortunes before going ahead. We predict a highly energetic game filled with lots of drama. Arsenal 2-1 spurs.
For more such articles do click here